On arrival at the church, you must check in with Services NSW by scanning the QR code, posted on the doors to the church.
You can download the Services NSW app here:
- Only 130 attendees will be allowed entry (in addition to clergy and essential assistants).
- A parish-appointed Attendance Monitor will check that all attendees have checked in as above.
- All attendees must sanitise their hands upon entry using the sanitiser provided in the narthex.
- Entry from the narthex to the nave of the church is through the double glass doors only.
- Worshippers must only sit in allocated seating which is marked with green stickers to ensure 1.5 metre distance between worshippers.
- Worshippers can seek assistance from the Attendance Monitor if required during the Mass.
- Worshippers must not shake hands and instead offer a verbal exchange of peace.
- Members of the same household may sit within 1.5 metre distance of each other (e.g. married couple, parent with children) if they have advised their relationship with the Attendance Monitor during registration.
- The Attendance Monitor will maintain alertness to identify worshippers presenting with flu-like symptoms (cough, runny nose, etc.) and advise any worshippers with symptoms they must leave the premises.
- The Attendance Monitor will ensure worshippers do not congregate in the entrance or any area of the building.
- The Attendance Monitor will ensure staggering of worshippers as they enter the building and walk to their seats.
- Worshippers must maintain 1.5 metre distancing at all times including lining up for communion.
- Communion will be received in the hand only (not on the tongue).
- There will be no communion from the chalice for worshippers.
- The Attendance Monitor will coordinate a staggered exit of worshippers through the exit door located near the sacristy.
- Because of possible risk of aerosol transmission, congregational singing is prohibited at this time.
- Only one musician and one cantor is allowed. The Cantor must maintain 3 metres physical distance.
The faithful are encouraged to have the ‘COVIDsafe’ app active on their mobile device where they have the capacity to do so. (note: this is not a requirement of attendance)
Church/Chapels will not be open for Private Prayer under the current directives due to the significant cleaning and sanitising requirements that are involved to protect parishioners, clergy, parish staff and volunteers.
The bell tower is almost finished and will be erected on Monday 8th December 2014. The bell will be installed in the top of the tower on Tuesday 9th December.
Church Bell Tower
Work has been progressing behind the scenes to ensure that we have our new bell tower in place before the end of the year. So far we have completed the following tasks:
- Removal of old bell tower in January 2013. Mr. Vince Boland and sons.
- Dismantling of bell mounting and swing mechanism. Mr. Vince Boland.
- Renovation (cleaning up) of the historic bell. Undertaken by Mr. Vince Boland.
- Agreement made on design and location of the new structure. Parishioners.
- Structural Engineer, Peter Lockhart engaged.
- Engineering drawings completed. Peter Lockhart.
- Meetings with key personnel and builder.
- Quote received from the company to provide the zinc coating on the structure.
- Development application submitted to Wollongong City Council, now waiting for response.
Following our successful submission to the NSW Government for a grant under the Community Building Partnership Program 2013, we are now in the planning stage for our new bell tower.
The parishioners voted overwhelmingly for us to build a replica of the original historic bell tower out of galvanised steel. The new tower will be situated near to the front of the church on the grassed area just outside the sacristy. That is near the South Western corner of the church building. Peter Lockhard is busy completing the structural engineering drawings that we will then take to the builder and Wollongong City Council for a Development Application.
We thank everyone for voting on the design and location.