Message from Fr. Patrick Vaughan PP
Due to technical issues with the internet, we apologise for the poor quality of this video of today’s Mass (5th Sunday of Lent) as celebrated by Fr. Patrick at St. Joseph’s Bulli. Alternatively, you can view the Bishop’s Mass (live at 9:00 am) here at https://www.dow.org.au/
25th March 2020 Update:
23rd March 2020
Update from the Diocese of Wollongong.
Please go to www.dow.org.au for all updates and resources available
During this period of time where Masses in the diocese are suspended, it is important to know that you have not been abandoned by the Church. Members of the faithful are urged to keep holy the Lord’s Day by making an act of Spiritual Communion, a well-established devotional practice of uniting one’s self in prayer with Christ’s sacrifice when circumstances prevent one from receiving holy Communion.
Starting on Sunday 29th March, we will be premiering Sunday Mass online (available here and on the diocese’s Facebook page) with Bishop Brian Mascord and other priests from the diocese. These online Masses will continue every Sunday (including the Paschal Triduum during Holy Week) giving parishioners the opportunity to make an act of Spiritual Communion together as a diocese.
For this weekend and for daily Masses, parishioners are encouraged to access other home worship resources including:
- Mass for You at Home is available across the Ten Network on Sundays at 6:00 a.m. and any time on TenPlay
- Daily Mass on Demand is available at CathNews YoutTube channel
- Saturdays 5pm and Sundays 10am Mass from St Mary MacKillop Catholic Church, Oran Park
- Daily Mass from St John the Evangelist Catholic Parish, Campbelltown
- Daily 7 p.m. Mass and Sunday 10 a.m. Mass from Mary Immaculate Catholic Church, Eagle Vale
- Daily 1 p.m. Mass and Sunday 11 a.m. Mass from the Archdiocese of Melbourne
- Daily Mass from Bishop Robert Barron’s chapel
The following resources are also available on our website to assist parishioners with their home worship:
- Liturgy and prayer resources from the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference.
- Daily Mass readings.
- Act of Spiritual Communion prayer card.
- Journey Catholic Radio is a weekly radio program and podcast developed by the diocese all about faith, hope, love and life. It includes awesome music, a weekly Gospel reflection, interviews and a variety of weekly inputs from some of the best Catholic presenters in Australia.
- Faith Circles is free weekly single-sided A4 PDF resource that contains the upcoming Sunday Gospel reading as well as a reflection on the Gospel (usually by Pope Francis) accompanied by questions for discussion and prayer points. It is a great resource for individual and families to use at home.
- The diocese’s Lenten Program is still available to purchase as a PDF and the MP3 resource is now available to download for free.
Please also read:
UPDATED CLERGY DIRECTIVES FROM BISHOP BRIAN MASCORD
as a result of coronavirus (COVID–19)
as of 23rd March 2020
See link here:
As you are aware on Friday 19th March, all public Masses were cancelled in our Diocese.
With the news last night of all places of worship to be closed we are waiting for an updated response from the Bishop’s office of what will now take place.
- All rosters have been suspended for the time being.
- At this stage the office is still open from Mon to Thurs 9:30am to 3pm, however closed on Fridays.
- I will endeavour to add all email addresses from all rosters I have to those who get the bulletin, so I have one point of contact for as many parishioners as possible.
- If there is anyone who you know, who currently is not getting any emails and you think they would like to, please call them and get them to contact the office either by email or phone.
- A bulletin each weekend might not be possible, However I will send out the readings of the weekend and any other resources I find that I think may be useful.
- For those with families, CathFamily has free subscription until June 30th.
- Most importantly take care of each other, call each other and if there is any one who needs any help in anyway, please let us know.
Prayers and thoughts are with you all at this time.
Kindest regards and blessings
Read the Prime Minister’s media release of his statement in full here:
ALL PARISH MASSES CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE – BISHOP BRIAN MASCORD.
See the full message via the link below: