On arrival at the church, you must check in with Services NSW by scanning the QR code, posted on the doors to the church.
You can download the Services NSW app here:
Masks must be worn at all times whilst in the church.
Only 65 attendees will be allowed entry (in addition to clergy and essential assistants).
- Masks must be worn at ALL times by everyone 12 years and older.
- A parish-appointed Attendance Monitor will check that all attendees have checked in as above.
- All attendees must sanitise their hands upon entry using the sanitiser provided in the narthex.
- Entry from the narthex to the nave of the church is through the double glass doors only.
- Worshippers must only sit in allocated seating which is marked with green stickers to ensure 1.5 metre distance between worshippers.
- Worshippers can seek assistance from the Attendance Monitor if required during the Mass.
- Worshippers must not shake hands and instead offer a verbal exchange of peace.
- Members of the same household may sit within 1.5 metre distance of each other (e.g. married couple, parent with children) if they have advised their relationship with the Attendance Monitor during registration.
- The Attendance Monitor will maintain alertness to identify worshippers presenting with flu-like symptoms (cough, runny nose, etc.) and advise any worshippers with symptoms they must leave the premises.
- The Attendance Monitor will ensure worshippers do not congregate in the entrance or any area of the building.
- The Attendance Monitor will ensure staggering of worshippers as they enter the building and walk to their seats.
- Worshippers must maintain 1.5 metre distancing at all times including lining up for communion.
- Communion will be received in the hand only (not on the tongue).
- There will be no communion from the chalice for worshippers.
- The Attendance Monitor will coordinate a staggered exit of worshippers through the exit door located near the sacristy.
- Because of possible risk of aerosol transmission, congregational singing is prohibited at this time.
- Only one musician and one cantor is allowed. The Cantor must maintain 3 metres physical distance.
The faithful are encouraged to have the ‘COVIDsafe’ app active on their mobile device where they have the capacity to do so. (note: this is not a requirement of attendance)
Church/Chapels will not be open for Private Prayer under the current directives due to the significant cleaning and sanitising requirements that are involved to protect parishioners, clergy, parish staff and volunteers.