Church Bell Tower
Work has been progressing behind the scenes to ensure that we have our new bell tower in place before the end of the year. So far we have completed the following tasks:
- Removal of old bell tower in January 2013. Mr. Vince Boland and sons.
- Dismantling of bell mounting and swing mechanism. Mr. Vince Boland.
- Renovation (cleaning up) of the historic bell. Undertaken by Mr. Vince Boland.
- Agreement made on design and location of the new structure. Parishioners.
- Structural Engineer, Peter Lockhart engaged.
- Engineering drawings completed. Peter Lockhart.
- Meetings with key personnel and builder.
- Quote received from the company to provide the zinc coating on the structure.
- Development application submitted to Wollongong City Council, now waiting for response.